The moon was full and the tunes were obscure. I knew it was going to be a night to remember when Ed opened up with the extended mix of Darkroom’s “San Paku.” And the night just kept getting better with rare extended mixes, and a great tune by Robert Smith when he collaborated with a group called The Glove. Excellent soul-candy indeed.
Be sure to tune in to Ed and his “I dare you to name that tune” 80’s Retrospect show on CFRC-FM from 8 pm until 10 pm on Tuesday nights. Ed takes requests by phone: (613) 533-CFRC (2372) or email: retrospectcfrc at yahoo dot ca. Indulge yourself in some “80’s Music that doesn’t suck.” I guarantee die-hard 80’s New Wave/post-punk fans will not be disappointed.
CFRC-FM Playlist December 1, 2009
Basement of Carruthers Hall in Queens University, Kingston, Ontario
ED-FM ~ Retrospect
80’s Music That Doesn’t Suck
If the “Listen Live” link on the CFRC Website doesn’t work, copy and paste this URL into your Windows Media Player: http://sunsite.queensu.ca:8000/
Join us in the Chat Room during the show – either click the link on the right menu under the Rave and Roll graphic, or here.
To listen to any shows that you may have missed, go to the CFRC website and look up the archives under the “Programming” drop-down menu. You can enjoy Ed’s previous shows in one-hour increments.
- Darkroom – San Paku (extended)
- Stranglers – Big In America
- Moving Targets – Man Machine
- Benjamin Russell – Miracle
- Cabaret Voltaire – Sensoria (extended)
- Yello – The Race
- Ohama – Midway (extended mix)
- Strange Advance – Love Becomes Electric (skin-to-skin mix)
- English Beat – Mirror In The Bathroom (the dub mix)
- The Glove – Perfect Murder
- The Neon Judgment – Tomorrow In The Papers
- Section 25 – Looking From A Hilltop
- A Neon Rome – Windowsill
- Love & Rockets – Yin And Yang The Flowerpot Man
- Breeding Ground – Reunion (extended)
- Gerry Cott – Alphabet Town
- Yellow Magic Orchestra – Wild Ambitions
- Men Without Hats – I Got The Message
- The Mood – Paris Is One Day Away