Ed treated us to some great obscure songs; jangly guitars, some Siouxsie-like vocals, topped off with a dollop of butt-kicking Can Con. If you think you’ve got your head wrapped around some obscure 80’s tuneage, well think again. Join us on Tuesday evenings and get your fill of 80’s you haven’t heard in years – or maybe not at all. You owe it to your ears.
Be sure to tune in to Ed and his “song stuck in your head” 80’s Retrospect show on CFRC-FM from 8 pm until 10 pm on Tuesday nights. Ed takes requests by phone: (613) 533-CFRC (2372) or email: retrospectcfrc at yahoo dot ca. Indulge yourself in some “80’s Music that doesn’t suck.” I guarantee die-hard 80’s New Wave/post-punk fans will not be disappointed.
CFRC-FM Playlist November 17, 2009
Basement of Carruthers Hall in Queens University, Kingston, Ontario
ED-FM ~ Retrospect
80’s Music That Doesn’t Suck
If the “Listen Live” link on the CFRC Website doesn’t work, copy and paste this URL into your Windows Media Player: http://sunsite.queensu.ca:8000/
Join us in the Chat Room during the show – either click the link on the right menu under the Rave and Roll graphic, or here.
To listen to any shows that you may have missed, go to the CFRC website and look up the archives under the “Programming” drop-down menu. You can enjoy Ed’s previous shows in one-hour increments.
1. Diodes – Catwalker
2. Rough Trade – Deca-Dance
3. Moev – Wanting
4. Landscape – European Girls
5. Parade Ground – Strange World
6. Fad Gadget – Saturday Night Special
7. Sex Pistols – Friggin’ In The Riggin’
8. Nina Hagen – Wir Liben Immer Noch
9. Captain Sensible – The Russians Are Coming
10. Dessau – Skeletons By Nature
11. Big In Japan – Suicide A Go Go
12. M + M – Song In My Head (dance mix)
13. Torch Song – Ode To Billy Joe
14. Stan Ridgway – The Big Heat
15. Men Without Hats – Messiahs Die Young
16. Creatures – Mad Eyed Screamer
17. Abecedarians – Soil
18. Rational Youth – Latin Lover
19. Durutti Column – The Missing Boy
20. Chalk Circle – This Mourning (extended)
21. Art of Noise – Legs (inside legs mix)