Ed’s show was definitely crank-it-‘til-your ears-bleed (or the neighbors complain) fabulous. I am going to have to WD-40 my chair to offset the big chair-dancing work-out it got. The chat room was in agreement that the Proclaimers’ “Throw the ‘R’ Away” stole the show. A close second was Interferon’s “Get Out Of London.” Ed really outdid himself with all of his selections, but these two were outstanding.
Be sure to tune in to Ed and his “you only think you know obscure” 80’s Retrospect show on CFRC-FM from 8 pm until 10 pm on Tuesday nights. Ed takes requests by phone: (613) 533-CFRC (2372) or email: retrospectcfrc at yahoo dot ca. Indulge yourself in some “80’s Music that doesn’t suck.” I guarantee die-hard 80’s New Wave/post-punk fans will not be disappointed.
CFRC-FM Playlist August 04, 2009
Basement of Carruthers Hall in Queens University, Kingston, Ontario
ED-FM ~ Retrospect
80’s Music That Doesn’t Suck
If the “Listen Live” link on the CFRC Website doesn’t work, copy and paste this URL into your Windows Media Player: http://sunsite.queensu.ca:8000
Join us in the Chat Room during the show – either click the link on the right menu under the Rave and Roll graphic, or here.
To listen to any shows that you may have missed, go to the CFRC website and look up the archives under the “Programming” drop-down menu. You can enjoy Ed’s previous shows in one-hour increments.
- Psychedelic Furs – The Ghost In You
- Nash The Slash – 19th Nervous Breakdown
- Trans X – Living On Video (12”)
- Victims of Pleasure – If I Was
- Colour Code – Dance With The Times (Blue Mix)
- Henry Badowski – My Face
- The Coconuts – Did You Have To Love Me Like You Did
- Johnny Analog – Rhythm Ruled
- Data – DJ
- XTC – Pretty Girls
- Steve Hackett – A Doll That’s Made In Japan
- Bonzai – Tokyo Nights
- Doug And The Slugs – Too Bad
- Data Bank-A – Stress Factor
- Yello – Moon On Ice
- Modern Eon – Second Still
- Pukka Orchestra – Rubber Girl
- The Proclaimers – Throw The ‘R’ Away
- National Velvet – 68 Hours
- Interferon – Get Out Of London (intercontinental ballistic mix)
- Slow Children – Unplugging The Vacuum
- Images in Vogue – Four Germans
- Modern Romance – Tonight (12”)
- Alternative Radio – Valley Of The Evergreen